Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register for a course?
- How do I take an online course?
- How do I take an online module?
- How do I sit a qualifying test or do a mini quiz?
- How do I view my results?
- How do I obtain my certificate?
- How do I access the resources?
- How can I search the resources?
- What if I lose my password?
- How do I change my language settings?
- How can I make the text on my screen larger or smaller?
- How do I print a course?
- How do I print the results of the quizzes and the qualifying tests?
- Can I copy the charts or the other images in the module?
- How do I hide the table of contents of the modules?
- How to use the offline mode
- The display of the introduction course is blocked (pop-up)
- How do I contact you?
How do I register for a course?
The full list of courses is available on the homepage in the 'Course categories' section. First of all, select the course that you are interested in taking. When you first register, you can only access the intermediate level. The advanced level requires a registration key which will be displayed at the end of the course if you pass the qualifying test.
When you register for a course, it will be displayed in the 'My Courses' box on the top left-hand side of the homepage.
How do I take an online course?
Each course includes modules (indicated by the icon), mini quizzes and a qualifying test, prefaced by the icon.
Once you have finished, you can tick the box next to the completed module to monitor your progress more closely. The boxes opposite the quiz and qualifying test are automatically ticked when these activities are completed.
How do I take an online module?
You can take a course module in several steps, as the platform systematically saves the last page visited.
When you have finished reading the module, click 'Exit Activity' to return to the course contents. You can tick the box next to the completed module to monitor your progress more closely. The boxes opposite the quiz and qualifying test are automatically ticked when these activities are completed.
How do I sit a qualifying test or do a mini quiz?
Qualifying tests and mini quizzes are available on the 'Topic outline' page of each course. They are prefaced by the icon.
Mini quizzes have five questions on each module studied. You are only allowed two attempts at answering the mini quiz.
There are 25 questions in the qualifying test and you have a limited time to answer them. You must obtain at least 70% to obtain your certificate and proceed to the next level.
A navigation block enables you to monitor your progress and go back to one of the questions, if necessary. You can flag a question to put a marker on it for answering later.
Before submitting your results, check that the results have all been correctly saved.
How do I view my results?
Your grades are accessible in the 'Settings' section of the course in question.
How do I obtain my certificate?
When you pass a test on the PIP training platform, the certificate will be generated automatically. Your qualifying test certificate will be available on the 'Topic outline' page. It will be prefaced by the icon.
How do I access the resources?
The resources (photo gallery, video gallery, website gallery and documentation area) can only be accessed if you are logged in.
How can I search the resources?
Three tabs are available in the 'Resources' section for the different categories. They correspond to three different display modes for the resources: View list, View single and Search. Use the Search tab to carry out a search.
What if I lose my password?
If you lose your password, you can recover it by clicking the following link: http://pip.coleacp.org/en/user/password
How do I change my language settings?
Click your username in the top right corner of the page, then use the drop-down menu to switch from English to French or from French to English. Please note that the courses are presented separately in each language.
How can I make the text on my screen larger or smaller?
In your browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.), go to View (or Appearance) / Zoom and select the text size accordingly. You can also use the following keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl + and Ctrl – (cmd + and cmd – on a Mac).
How do I print a course?
The online training platform allows the trainee to print out parts of the course. To do so, click the printer icon in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen on a training module page. This will open the print dialogue box, where you can select your printer from the list and initiate the printing. Only the page you are viewing will be printed. It is not possible to print the entire module.
How do I print the results of the quizzes and the qualifying tests?
In order to print the entire results of your test, switch to review mode and then use the print function of your browser.
Can I copy the charts or the other images in the module?
It is possible to copy the charts, images, pictograms or other figures that are available in the training modules. To do so, mouse over the image in question, right-click the image and select the option "Save image as..."
How do I hide the table of contents of the modules?
To improve the readability of the modules, you can hide the table of contents when viewing the page. To do so, click the arrow on the right-hand side underneath the table of contents. The box will disappear instantly and the content of the module will be displayed in full screen mode. To unhide it, click the arrow on the left-hand side of the module’s presentation screen.
How to use the offline mode
The offline mode allows you to browse the courses without a current Internet connection, once you have downloaded the content.
This mode enables those without a reliable Internet connection to participate in the courses.
However, certain activities – such as the tests and the certificate – are only available online. Registration for another course or course level must also be done online.
- When you are online, click the download link and wait until the complete download of the course. The following steps may be carried out offline.
- Double-click the "setup.exe" file. A security message may be displayed. You should ignore this.
- The offline course will be installed in a directory on your computer. A shortcut will be created on your desktop./li>
- Click the shortcut on your desktop. Open the directory corresponding to the course you want to browse and then click the "index.html" file.
The display of the introduction course is blocked (pop-up)
If your web browser is blocks the display of a new window (pop-up), you need to allow the display of this window to access the introduction course module. Follow the simple steps below regarding your favourite web browser.
- Click on the window icon with the red cross
- Tick the option "Always show pop-ups from training.coleacp.org"
- Click OK
- Restart the course module
- Click "Options" then "Allow/Block Pop-ups from this site"
- Restart the course module
- Click on "Options for this site" then "Always allow pop-ups"
- Restart the course module
How do I contact you?
If you have any further questions, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org